Located In: La Paz, BCS, Mexico
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Yachtworld Number: 3787394
1982 Bristol 35.5 Hull # 111 NOT the centerboard keel. Special/unique V berth configuration (more space). In the water & READY TO CRUISE. This solid, beautiful, extremely well /thoroughly maintained and loved for boat is ready to take you on amazing adventures now.
Summer has been in Mexico since 2014, with several summers spend on the hard/completely covered, and several in the water on the Sea of Cortez. She has been a home and has been cared for and maintained as such. Summer is strong and will make you feel safe in even the roughest conditions. Ver well designed/laid out and with plenty of space for 2 people to live very comfortably as a full time live aboard cruiser or for a single hander.
All service and log records available, and there are 5 or 6 details that make this Bristol 35.5 more valuable:
1. A CPT auto pilot that is great.
2. Monitor Windvane and an emergency rudder made by Scanmar
3. Solar panels with controller that provides you all the power you need.
4. A wonderful large fridge that even makes ice.
5. A water filtration system, that allows you to drink safe water directly from your tanks.
6. Single sideband radio that allows you to have more distant communication than your VHF radio.
Summer is ready to move aboard. A library with Mexico cruising guides and many how to repair books. She has a full first aid kit, galley supplies and some bedding, and 4 cooling fans. This boat can go anywhere, she’s amazing!!!
Currently in La Paz, the best cruising gounds planet earth has to offer, the gateway to the Sea of Cortez. Dozens of gorgeous anchorages with white sandy beaches, crystal clear water that makes your boat look like it is floating in thin air. Come on down and let the experts in yacht ownership here in Mexico show you how easy it is to start your cruising dreams today.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Financial and titling transactions are conducted in the US or Canada by licensed agents. An offshore purchase means great savings and the process is more hassle-free than you may think! Call for details.
La Paz Yachts
Tom Murray, Broker
La Paz, BCS, Mexico 23000
011 52 (612) 123-1948
Builder: Bristol Yachts Inc. (USA)
Designer: Ted Hood
LOA: 35 ft 5 in
Beam: 10 ft 10 in
LWL: 27 ft 5 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft
Displacement: 15000 lbs
Ballast: 6500 lbs
Engine Brand: Universal
Engine Model: 30 (5425)
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 3000
Engine Power: 24 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 12 (100 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (20 Gallons) plus two 5 gallon on the deck Jerry containers.
Holding Tanks: 1 (20 Gallons)
- 2 settees that fold down for separate bunks or with added custom middle piece, makes king size bed!
- 50 gal tank in keel with access hatch. 50 gallon tank under v-berth. Both tanks Fiberglass built into hull and have access portals.
- Shower sump mid cabin wet locker ice box and shower all go into shower sump with bilge pump and own breaker
- Extra bilge pump float switch
- Weems and Plath Clock / Barometer set
- Accessible from cabin- paddle wheel Raymarine ST60
- Sony Marine CD player/radio/with speakers mounted in cabin
- Head: Raritan w/manual pump
Sink faucet wand 4 ft shower
Led lighting /Mirrors
- Great Storage
- CoolBlue Marine Refrigeration System – ice box cold plate refrigerator (can also freeze things) 4.2 cu. ft.
- The Water Fixer 500 water purifier system (easily fill tanks with hose water, drink from galley)
- Solenoid for propane. 2 – 2.1 gal horizontal tanks, full
- Shipmate stove – beautiful condition/fully functioning
- Huge stainless sink with Jabsco water pump – motor belt driven 36950-2000 totally serviceable, Waterfixer faucet for drinkable water, plus manual pump seawater faucet
Navigation and electronics
- CPT auto pilot – EXCELLENT device!
- Monitor Windvane – Custom – with 2 light wind and 1 high wind blades
- Scanmar brand new Emergency Rudder
- Rebuild kit for Monitor Wind Vane, plus lines
- Edsen pedestal Wheel Steering
- VHF Standard Horizon Matrix go 2150
- Standard Horizon chart plotter w/ AIS
- ICOM M802 SSB radio with Pactor 4 Dragon Wireless, KISS ground system, Gam split backstay antenna
- Ray Marine AT 60 plus Depth sounder
- Power station by radio is hardwired to battery
- Charger Power Mania Shore power battery charger
- Stainless Solar Arch with motor lifter crane block & tackle,
- Extra Metz antenna for emergency
- Balmar charge controller ARS 5 smart regulator for Balmar 70 amp alternator
- Still have stored original alternator Motorola 55amp works
- 2 Kyocera 140 solar Blue Sky Energy Charge Controller – Solar Boost 2512ix-hv
- Display for charge controller
- Victron Energy Battery Monitor
- Run on LTH lead acid – 3 Group 27 batteries (new in 2019)- fully redesigned set up in 2012
- 3inch Heat Exchanger
- New transmissión ZF10 —-(Hurth 100 direct replacement )
- Flexible shaft coupler split shaft coupler on top of shaft then rnd to transmission
2019 new cutlass bearing
- No drips on stuffing box
- Rudder heal pin replaced delfín bushing over heal pin put in – still no rudder play since 2013
- Groco raw water strainer to Oberdoefer raw water lump new on 2015-6 have rebuild kits and impeller.
- Electronic fuel pump new 2011ish
- Fuel tank 30 gal aluminum
- New motor mounts 2013
- Dampener plate in transmission -1500 hours ago
- Actual motor hours around 2,900
Deck and hull
- Forespar Whisker pole -telescopic with mast track mount
- Danforth Anchor with 60 ft of chain, plus 3 strand rode
- FX 37 fortress anchor – Never deployed
- Sunbrella Dodger with upgraded Macralon windows – great condition (plus sail cover) Mediterranean blue.
- Anchorman SL Windless repaired. Works. No clutch. Won’t pay out. Only pulls out.
- Anchor by hand. Have to manually load to gipsy
- ABC3 bottom ablative paint
- Mast boots spreaders
- Magma Fish Table mounted on aft rail
- Fin keel with rudder on skeg
- Keel mounted mast
Sail and rigging
- Main Sail – partially batten Lee sails serviceable
- Rigging partial new since 2010 upper shroud 5 yrs Sta-locks
- 2 Lewmar 46 self-tailing winches in cockpit
- Profurl Rollerfurling, needs to have the 125 Genoa, remounted.
- EXTRA sails: Original Main Sail: serviceable, 130 Genoa, 90 % Hank-on, Assymetrical Spinnaker, Chute scoop for spinnaker
- Dyneema Lazy Jack system
- West Marine/wood floor inflatable 8’ dinghy PVC – always covered w/ chaps (needs new chaps)
- HONDA Dinghy Motor 1986 5 horse 4 stroke with new thermostat. Lots of recent maintenance. Impeller replaced plus extra stock parts.
- 3 gallon polypropylene fuel tank
- Also, extra mini Mercury dinghy- PVC – easy to carry/inflate/rolls up small.
Safety and additional equipment
- Access to Chainplates created – made with teak cover plates
- Viking 4 PERSON self righting Life raft
- EPIRB ACR Model RLB-36 Cat II
- Ditch Bag includes Katadyn Survivor watermaker, extra handheld VHF +
- Various top/side shades
- Whole boat shade cover 95% uv block only used 3 summers
- Extra lines halyards
- Singer Sewing Machine
- LOTS OF NEW SPARES – cover fuel filters, water fuel separator, new glow plugs, new set of fuel injectors for motor all vacuum sealed
- Vacuum Sealer
- Aft manual bilge pump
- 2019 New Fueling line
- LED Lighting
- ATN Mast Climber
- Teak cockpit table
- Wind scoop
- Shore power 50ft 30 amp
- Teal Cockpit Cushions closed cell foam
- Swim ladder
- Suede interior mast cover/insulation
- Life sling
- Dan buoy
- Spare blocks and deck hardware
- Fuel siphon / Baja filter
- LOTS OF spares and parts
- Bilge pump hard wired Into batteries with inline fuse.
- Wind scoop, to allow air to come into cabin hatch
- Sextant, brand new
- Dan buoy, SOS
- Emergency camp stove